What is the difference between PTE and IELTS?
- November 21, 2017
- Posted by: Trilochan Puri
- Category: Blog
PTE is a completely computerized test. All four modules are conducted in a computer and no human graders are involved. Marking is also done through a complex algorithm;therefore, there is no bias. Here are some key differences between PTE and IELTS:
1. PTE gives a complete breakdown of your score. It has communicative skills and enabling skills scores as well. Enabling skills is the breakdown of your communicative skills. It helps you identify your strength and weaknesses. Check our students’ scores to find out what the report looks like.
2. In PTE, you cannot go back to any tasks. You have to keep moving forward.
3. Some modules are timed individually, so you do not have to be concerned about finishing all the questions on time.
4. There is negative marking as well. But it is not for all the sections and should not be of major concern.
5. Speaking and writing sections are the most easiest in PTE.
6. Accents do not matter as long as your have proper oral fluency and pronunciation.
7. Examination report is publish within 24 hr (make take up to 5 working days). It is a soft copy which can be sent electronically.
7. Overall, some students find IELTS easier than PTE, however, majority of them prefer PTE.
If you’d like to know further, please do not hesitate to contact us.